Saturday, April 17, 2010

I am visiting Mexico!!!



I arrived in the beautiful city of Queretaro, Mexico this last Tuesday April 12, and I'm so excited to be here!!
Priscilla is hosting me and I have seven new friends! When I arrived there were actually five girls living here (Chrissa, Claudette, Sammie, Mabel & Kelly) but then on Thursday two more girls arrived, their names are Hannah and Hattie.

Everybody gave me a very warm welcome and I'm getting along well with all the girls. We have a Schnauzer dog named Peggy (mom, don't worry it's a dog like Coconut, not a fleshie!) and we play with her a lot. Knut is not lonely having another pet around. I will take a pic of Peggy later.


On Thursday Priscilla took me to the park where she goes exercising... or so she says LOL... it's so pretty. It's not big but the trees are very tall and it's nice to see other people enjoying nature too.


I walked around the park for a bit. Some people stared at me with curiosity and others in disbelief... of course I'm so pretty they must've thought they were dreaming! Priscilla took this pretty pic of me.

After we exercised Priscilla showed me around and we went where the nearest Walmart and McDonald's are.


Then across the street from McDonalds you can see the bullring. It's called "Plaza Santa Maria", it opened in 1963 and has room for 13000 people. Priscilla told me she's never been there because she doesn't like bullfighting. You can see some cars in the pic because there's a nice bridge there that was built around 3 years ago. The bad thing is the name of the plaza is hidden by the bridge!.
I am very happy that today is Saturday and we're going downtown this weekend! I'll post more pics soon.
Mom I send you BIG BIG hugs! I miss you!

2 comments:

FuchsiaOwl said...

Hi Sadie! It looks like you are having tons of fun in Mexico! Oh, it is me, Mom, with my new blog account. My mom said I could have one now. It got cold here for a while but spring warmth will return. Is it warm where you are? What are the seasons like? I can't believe there is a bull-fighting stadium. I never thought of such s thing but every place is different, right? With different customs. I love learning about Mexico!!!

PinkyPris said...

Hi Mom!!!
I've been hoping to hear from you.
I like the FuschiaOwl name!! :D
The weather gets hot here at around 3pm but it's very nice during the mornings and evenings because the air cools a bit :)
My friends here told me winter lasts about 3 months and that it's very mild.
I'll be posting more pics very soon!
Luv ya lots.
Sadie ;)